It is May 1st, and I’ve decided to change up my current Hair and Beauty regimen and embark on an all NATURAL product journey. What inspired this change you ask? Just trying to be healthier and delving more into understanding what I apply to my hair and skin.
As an Esthetician, I still love my chemicals 🙂 but I realized while discussing with a friend, besides the bi-weekly D.I.Ys I’ve never really studied the FULL BENEFIT of using all natural products.
So After weeks of researching, I decided to order some highly recommended natural Hair and Beauty products through my sister. If you are interested in joining me in this Journey, you are welcome, I’ll be sharing Tips and Recipes on Twitter(@myHairmyBeauty) and Instagram (@myHairmyBeautyNigeria) so be sure to Follow us!
Below are the Products I ordered, some of these products can be found in Nigeria.
From Left to Right, here is a brief description of the Products I’ll be using and why:
1. Aztec Indian Bentonite Clay
– This is one of my favorite mask products, bentonite clay is great for Oily and Acne Prone skin. When mixed with Apple Cider Vinegar, the masque is great at drawing out impurities from the Skin’s pores and detoxifying it.
Aztec Indian Clay can be purchased on Olori.com.ng
2. Spray Bottle
– This is great for mixing all my oils to moisturize my hair. This can be purchased at any market or Beauty store.
3. Coconut Oil
– I plan to use this to moisturize my Hair and Body. Coconut Oil is one of my favorite Oils because of its Multi-uses, and most importantly it smells great! This coconut oil is unrefined and unprocessed.
Coconut Oil can be purchased at any Hair-care outlet
4. Jamaican Black Castor Oil
– JBCO has many uses, for this experiment I plan on using it to promote hair growth. It will be the base of my bi-weekly Hot Oil Treatment, be sure to lookout for recipes.
JBCO can be purchased at any Hair-care outlet
5. Dudu-Osun Black Soap
– This all natural soap will serve as my Body wash and Hair shampoo throughout the course of this natural journey. Be sure to check out my DIY Black Soap face wash.
Dudu Osun can be purchased at any market and supermarket
6. Apple Cider Vinegar
– I plan to use ACV as both a Toner and Mask agent in this experiment.
ACV can be purchased at any Shoprite outlet
7. Face Sponge
– This pack comes with 10 sponges, these face sponges are great at deeply cleansing the face and mildly exfoliating it. Checkout this Post on the importance of using face sponges. If you don’t have access to face sponges, you can use a face towel, but it is important to dispose of them biweekly to prevent the spread of bacteria.
Face Sponges can be purchased at any Spa
8. Manuka Honey
– Since discovering this Honey last year, I’ve been obsessed. This specialty Honey made in New Zealand is known to have strong antibacterial power that helps in treating acne, wound infections and other conditions. I find this Honey to be better than regular honey, but if you don’t have access to Manuka Honey, be sure to use RAW Honey for the purpose of this experiment.
9. Activated Charcoal
– This is a new Beauty Item for me, I’ve been reading about the skin benefits of Activated Charcoal, some of which include detoxifying the skin, acting like a magnet to attract and absorb dirt and oil. I plan on using this Charcoal in my DIY cleanser, as well as DIY Mask.
10. Baking Soda
– I love love love Baking Soda, you can use it to clean your house, your teeth, remove odor from your fridge and even treatment Body Odor apparently! What can’t Baking Soda do? For the sake of my 30 day experiment, I plan on using Baking Soda as physical facial scrub and mask.
NOT PICTURED is my 16 oz jar of Shea Butter for moisturizing both Hair and Body.
Follow me on Twitter and Instagram, as I share more about my daily natural Hair and Beauty Regimen. Let’s finally find out if ALL NATURAL is truly BETTER!