So you’re washing your face, and feel a giant bump underneath your skin, you know what that means because you’ve been here before. Yes, that bump underneath is about to emerge into a giant zit plastered on your face for the world to see.
Where do you begin?
Below are tips courtesy of ehow.com on treating the acne beneath the skin:
Acne treatment cream
1. Wash the area using an antibacterial cleanser. Do this twice daily: in the morning and evening. A solid cleanser will remove makeup, sweat, excess oil, debris and bacteria that can cause and exacerbate acne.
2. Place a hot compress on the pimples. Soak a washcloth in hot water, and apply it to the pimples for two to three minutes. The warmth will draw out pus, helping to extract the pimples. The compress will also reduce swelling.
3. Apply acne treatment cream to the pimples. Choose a cream that contains benzoyl peroxide, an effective ingredient for treating pimples under the skin. Benzoyl peroxide kills bacteria and encourages skin cell regeneration, thereby promoting clear, healthy skin.
4. Create a paste, mixing equal parts baking soda and water. Apply the paste to the pimples and leave it there for approximately 20 minutes before rinsing. The baking soda will eliminate bacteria and absorb excess oil, helping to counteract pimples under the skin.
5. Promote healthy skin by eating a well-balanced diet. Try to get your vitamins and nutrients from fresh, natural foods rather than simply supplements. Also, drink at least 64 oz. of water daily. Water hydrates your skin, helping it remain moisturized and clear.
6. Use a deep-cleansing mask on the area. Choose a mask that contains citric acids or mud bases, as they are effective at treating acne-prone skin. For best results, use a mask once to twice weekly.
7. Use a facial or body scrub to gently exfoliate twice weekly. Dead skin cells that reside on the surface of your skin may be clogging your pores and exacerbating pimples under the skin. Regular exfoliation encourages cell turnover, helping your pores remain clear and leading to fewer pimples.