Today we’re talking about Cleansing Oils.
Want to know a BIG SECRET? the best makeup remover is an OIL BASED cleanser! Yes even if you have acne or oily skin, cleansing your face with an oil cleanser is IDLE and here’s the Logic behind it:
1. OIL attracts OIL
– To thoroughly remove makeup, dirt, debris, oil, and all the nasty things that clog your pores at the end of the day, it is good to use an oil cleanser. The oil in the cleansers attract the oil on the surface, so that when it is mixed with Water and emulsifiers, it will be cleansed off your face without leaving residues.
2. No IRRITATION
– Most women use the wrong cleansers that damage and irritate their skin. Our Skin produces its own oil for protection and lubrication, however most cleansers on the market have too much alcohol and alkaline that strips the skin of its own oil, forcing it to overproduce oil to balance it out. This usually leads to breakouts, redness and sensitivity.
Oil based cleansers are one of the gentlest cleansers out there, and if you find you skin getting TOO DRY after cleansing it with your regular cleanser, then its time to switch to an oil based cleanser.
3. First Step to Great Skin!
– If you constantly get those tiny annoying forehead and chin pimples, you know the little ones that look like rashes? chances are you are getting skin congestion from not properly cleansing your face at night.
For Good Clear skin, it is important to get into the habit of cleaning your face 2x every evening, yes TWICE! The first cleanse should be done with a Cleansing OIL that will remove all your makeup, dirt, face cream, sunscreen, etc. After using the cleansing oil and rinsing, you will then use a normal cleanser of your choice and cleanse as usual.
Cleansing oils are better than makeup removers, because they do not contain ALCOHOL that can over dry and irritate your skin.
myHAIRmyBEAUTY’s LIST of TOP CLEANSING OILS
– We love these products because they are gentle cleansers, and emulsify with water so you don’t need any tissue or cloth to cleanse off afterwards. Also these products are made with moisturizing oils that do not strip your skin of moisture. None of these products contain Mineral Oil, which can be irritating for some skin.
– To use any of these cleansers, simply massage onto DRY skin, afterwards, add water which emulsifies and turns the oil into a milky color and then rinse off.
1. Dermalogica’s Precleanse ($$$- a bit pricey)
I absolutely LOVE Dermalogica, their brand is very simple, clean, and free of a lot of toxic chemicals. Their Precleanse is a gentle cleansing oil that removes makeup and impurities. The cleanser smells like Oil (of course) is very lightweight and perfect for all SKIN Types.
2. DHC Deep Cleansing Oil ($$- decently priced)
This is probably my favorite from the bunch because it looks and smells like Olive Oil. Most nights when I don’t even wear makeup I use this cleanser as my night cleanser, it really dissolves makeup, dirt, face cream, whatever you have on your face. Afterwards your face feels soft, and very clean 🙂
3. MAC Cleanse Off Oil ($$- decently priced)
This botanically formulated cleanser with evening primrose and jojoba seed oil cleanses while moisturizing. To use, simply massage onto skin to loosen all makeup, designed to remove the heaviest of all makeup including waterproof mascara. Add water after massaging to emulsify.
4. La Mer “The Cleansing Oil” ($$$- Expensive)
For those of us that like luxurious skincare and can afford it, La Mer’s “The Cleansing Oil” is a detoxifying cleanser that contains precious marine oils and transforms into a luxurious, milky fluid when water is added. La Mer’s signature Miracle Broth infuses skin with precious nutrients, immersing it in moisture and energy.
5. Origins Clean Energy ($$- decently priced)
Origin’s cleansing oil is also lightweight and has a herbal scent that is very fresh and kind of fruity. It is strong enough to remove the heaviest of sunscreen and foundation, but does not remove all eye makeup.