The Africa Magic Viewer’s Choice awards have come and gone. Looking at what our favorite celebrities wore, I could not help but notice all their glowing skins!
If you’ve ever wondered how some of the Hollywood and Nollywood celebrities get their skin ready for big award shows, then this is a post for you!
Sure our celebrities have the money to spend on expensive spa treatments and lotions, however there are simple tricks and tips that the average working girl can learn to add to the skincare regimen to make sure their skin is RED CARPET ready.
1.What Celebrities Do: a few months before an award show, celebrities visit their favorite estheticians for a series of Microdermabrasion treatments. Microdermabrasion helps to gradually reduce uneven skintone, wrinkles, fine lines and facial scars. An Esthetician will customize a treatment depending on your skincare need. Microdermabrasion is done using an equipment that produces crystals that exfoliates by gently removing the outermost layer of dead skin cells from the epidermis.
– What you can do: Use a Physical Scrub! Purchase a sea salt scrub, Sugar Scrub or just make your own physical scrub by massaging with grounded coffee or adding ground Sugar to your favorite body wash. Doing this 2x a week will give you that glow you need at the end of the month.
2. What Celebrities Do: Using a Chemical Peel. A chemical peel uses a chemical solution (Lactic, Salicylic) to smooth and improve the texture of the skin. This procedure is particularly beneficial if you are prone to Acne and Pigmentation. Chemical Peels are usually performed by a Dermatologist or Master Esthetician.
–What you can do: Currently in the market, there are “at home peels”, but you must be knowledgeable when using these products. Another helpful way to smooth and improve your skin’s texture is to use a Lactic Acid Lotion, using this everyday in addition to Sunscreen in the daytime will help smooth your skin.
3. What Celebrities Do: Before an award show, celebrities go to their Esthetician for a complexion treatment that evens out their skintone. This involves using skin lightening and brightening extracts and serums.
– What you can do: Include a skin brightening product like Diana Stalder Papaya/Kojic Soap to help even out your skintone.
4. What Celebrities Do: Clear their acne through a deep-cleansing facial, as well as using spa equipments like the High Frequency and Galvanic.
-What you can do: Increase your use of a facial masque, like Sulfur Masque, or any Clay based Masque.
5. What Celebrities Do: Change their diet and take vitamins and supplements to improve their skin from the inside out, as well as exercise to remove toxins from the body.
What you can do: A change in diet and increase in exercise is beneficial to everyone. Increasing your intake of vitamin C rich food like Oranges, Paw Paw, Guava, Melon, and lemon, will not only reduce your waist line; but will help in the production of Collagen. Also a vitamin A rich diet like eating your carrots, will help your skin naturally exfoliate itself from the inside out.
** Of course no Skin Glow program is complete without your mandatory 8 glasses of water***