Buying Hair extensions can be a NIGHTMARE for new uninformed buyers. You pay up to N100,000 (which you should NEVER pay for HAIR) for what the seller tells you is 100% human hair, only for it to shed and tangle or for your hair stylists to overprocess it, deeming it worthless after 1 use 😦
and that’s it, N100,000 WASTED!
– For the budget conscious Hair-nista, relax there’s GOOD NEWS!!
we have the 411 to help your purchase high-quality hair extensions that will not leave you BROKE!
– Want to know a secret some hair extension manufacturers DON’T want you to know? Some of the so called 100% Human hair (brazilian, malaysian, indian, etc) are ACTUALLY MIXED with synthetic hair fiberS!!
– nowadays with INNOVATION in the production of synthetic hair extensions, there are NOW new synthetic fibers that are SOFT and ACT like HUMAN HAIR!!
– let’s face it, if you know the human hair industry, you’ll know that availability of Human Hair is DECREASING, which is why the REAL THING is soo expensive and sold by exclusive manufacturers, while a majority of what we have available in the market is MIXED.
Now, there is nothing WRONG with synthetic hair, as a matter of fact this post is all about it!
If you are a working woman, or a lady who loves to change her hair alot! then going SYNTHETIC is your BEST OPTION! however, NOT all Synthetic Hair are created Equal. While some can act like Human Hair, others (ending in -alon) are just plain shiny plastics
Here’s a BREAKDOWN
• Toyokalon- Toyokalon brand fiber is more expensive than synthetic and Kanekalon, Toyokalon feels and looks closest to human hair. It has more sheen and tends to be silkier in texture than the Kanekalon and synthetic fiber. Like most man-made fibers used in hair extensions, Toyokalon CANNOT be heat styled
• Kanekalon® – This should be more familiar because it is used in 90% of all synthetic hair and is made from a material called Modacrylic. This fiber is flame retardant, which means that braids can be finished by burning the ends, but cannot be heat-styled.
*Futura is a high-heat synthetic fiber that closely resembles human hair. It can withstand heat, which means it can be curled and flat ironed.
* Protein (PRO10) Hair – While Human hair is made of Keratin fibers. Pro10 is collagen protein fiber which looks, feels, and handles like human hair. Pro10 maintains its natural luster and shine and can be reused. Protein (Pro10) Hair is made of 100% natural collagen, it is NOT human hair, and it is NOT synthetic hair. Considered the future hair for the next generation, Pro10 hair is known to tangle free, sheds less, curls easier, lasts longer and looks very much like NATURAL hair.
* Human Hair BLEND– the more expensive option out of these, Human Hair quality blend is hair that is made of BOTH human hair, and futura fiber.