Sure Black don’t crack, but guess what? Black BREAKSOUT!
Acne, pimples, cysts, name it are unsightly, and can leave one insecure. But fear not, the battle for clear youthful skin is NOT lost. So what do you do?
First things first
- Are you washing your face 2x a day?
- Are you REMOVING your makeup at night before you sleep?
- Are you cleansing your face with mild cleansers?
- Are you using any products you’re allergic to?
- Are you using skin lightening agents?
If you’ve answered all these questions correctly and are still not sure of what might be causing your breakouts then it’s time to FIGHT BACK. In case you don’t know, Acne is caused by Bacteria and clogged pores from dead skin cells.
Ladies (and Gents) we can’t tell you which products to use because all black skin are not created equally, but we can tell you what ingredients to LOOK for in your Face Wash, moisturizer, and toner.
- Salicylic Acid – this is a form of exfoliant that helps get rid of dead skin cells. The strengths can range from .5% to 2%.
- Benzoyl Peroxide– While Salicylic acid sloughs off dead skin cells, Benzoyl Peroxide (BP) kills the Propionibacteria acnes, or P. acnes bacteria that causes pimples. Benzoyl peroxide works by infusing oxygen into the pore, since the acne cannot survive with oxygen.
- Sulfur– Sulfur fights acne by causing the skin to dry and then peel, this exfoliates the skin.
- Clay Masque (Kaolin clay) – If your acne is caused by excessive oil production, then using a clay masque will HELP! Clay/Kaolin masque will help clear out your pores, and absorb dirt in the skin.
So there you are Ladies, key ingredients that will help you fight the battle against Acne. If you need more help or questions about where to get these products in Lagos please email us: myHairmyBeauty@yahoo.com